Thursday, October 27, 2011

SPLENDOR








I saw this crawling plant by an intersection, near a drainage. The white flowers caught my attention and I pulled over and walked over to the patch of grass, several different weeds and shrubs among which the light green wild plant crawled and sprinkled the beautiful cup and trumpet shaped flowers. The flowers were in various stages of opening their petals and were shaped like cups, trumpets and saucers. These flowers had the most beautiful purplish centers, style, stigma and the base of the petals. The petals have the most beautiful raised lines on them, running from the base to the tips of the petals. The flowers were in clusters in various stages of development. I was worried about snakes and as such, I took quick snapshots and picked a few to take home.
At home I posed the flowers and took several snapshots and the images blew my mind. They had so many messages and I sketched a number of them. I will share a few snapshots here. I still do not know the name of this wild flower, but I will find out. I picked a few seeds which look like the morning glory seeds, only bigger. In the future, images displayed by this flowers may come on the blog. In the meantime, enjoy these and have a great weekend.

Nwada Chinwe Enemchukwu
Pictures by Chinwe Enemchukwu

No comments: