Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pom-pom parade or ----



I have been trying to find out the name of this plant/flower. I have two of them, one on each side of my front door for more than ten years. I keep promising myself to do some research and find out the name of this plant. Every summer through the fall, they make the most beautiful red or is it pink (?) flowers which look like pom-poms. In the middle of the day, they look like fireworks, just exploded, only they do not burn out. They stay exploded all day, a sight to behold. The thin branches spread out around the base, almost like a bamboo bush.

I take pictures of them almost daily, then the other day, I brought the branches together with one hand, bringing the flowers together and then took pictures, different shots and I had a number of spectacular characters emerge from the snapshots.
This snapshot of a woman with pom poms, as in a parade.

Chinwe Enemchukwu
10/24/11
Picture and sketch by Chinwe Enemchukwu

No comments: